Ghazal

All right ! This post is not about Raaja. But nonetheless its about Music and I thought its worth sharing with the readers of this blog. My second article in Tamil is published and its about the Ghazal maestros from Pakistan - Mehdi Hassan and Ghulam Ali. Although I do listen to a lot of Ghazal including those of Indian stalwarts Jagjit Singh, Anup Jalota, Hariharan etc., I particularly find the Ghazals of these two Pakistani legends to be a bit more meatier(Musically). I have also been doing a small time research on Ghazal, its history, grammar and some popular compositions. So this article is a culmination of all such efforts over the past few years.

You can read it here.

With Love
Vicky

PS: Its in Tamil. So apologies for non-Tamil readers. I will try to translate it soon and post it either here or in my general blog.

Labels: ,